How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are going to try and get a pardon from the governor ...

This answer was rated:

If you are going to try and get a pardon from the governor of a state but have moved to another state, which governor do you apply to. The state where the crime was committed or the governor of the state you are presently living in?


Because a governor only has authority to pardon crimes committed in his or her state, it would likely be that only the governor in the state where the crime originally occurred would be able to pardon a violation of his or her state's laws. BUT - to be certain, you should contact the governor's offices in both the state where the crime originally occured and the state in which you now live to ask for their recommendation to be sure you do not waste your efforts or improperly file.

Jane T (LLC) and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions