Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

FROM LAS VEGAS, NV I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A ...

Customer Question

FROM LAS VEGAS, NV:   I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A LAW THAT STATES THAT A ESTIMATE MUST BE GIVEN TO THE CUSTOMER AND IF SO, DO ALL ESTIMATES HAVE TO BE SIGNED..I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THIS LAW AS I WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT IT IN COURT. THANK YOU.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 9 years ago.
estimate for what?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
estimate for work done on the 2001 international 4700 466, the work has already been completed, but we were never given an estimate, we never signed a work order, we never saw any bad parts and the repair shop still wants 16000.00 for all the work done on the vehicle!!!!!!! I believed there was a law in Nevada, which I wish I could find the law that states that all garages have to have a signed work order, no matter how much the vehicle weighs, which this one weighs over 10,000 lbs.