rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.

On 4/25/08, a Palm Bch Cty judge ordered Model 45

Customer Question

On 4/25/08, a Palm Bch Cty judge ordered Model 45 visitation to being on May 1 for my ex. The judge said visitation will begin unless we file a Motion to Stay and a Petition for Modification. We filed both on 4/30/08, walked it to the courthouse, but it has not been approved yet. My attorney faxed my girls schedule over to my ex's attorney yesterday, the two attorneys spoke and agreed, and my ex is to pick up the children today at their schools at 2:45 and 3:10 and continue on to their extracurricular activities (dance team mandatory commitments). Last night, ,my ex left a message on my 15 yr old's phone that he will pick them up at 3:30 at the house and to have bathing suits and baseball gloves ready. Seemingly, he has no intention to do what the agreed on schedule says. If he does not show up at school, will I be in contempt if I do not send the girls? My attorney is in mediation and may not be able to be reached. Shall I go to the courthouse? Call his attorney? Call him?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Call him first to remind him of the agreement. Keep the vm. He's the one in contempt by picking them up too late and taking them to the wrong place. Call your lawyer asap and keep the girls home.

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Rich,

My lawyer called shortly before pick-up and said basically the same thing, that if he doesn't pick up at school, he forfeits the time. Well, it's day one and he did make it to the school. It's my first night w/o them in many years.

Besides missing my children, all is ok, at least for today.

Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Glad two lawyers agree. That can be a rare thing :-)

Your babies will be back soon. Enjoy the rest!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to rvlaw's Post: Thank you... It's dark here now and I just hope they feel safe and happy.

BTW, this is a wonderful service. I've used it twice this week and it has been the best $30 I have ever spent. Wondering if I should have filed the paperwork myself and saved about $10,000 with the help of you all.

Keep up the good work.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Thanks. Glad you are satisfied. Sleep well.