Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.

An A.P. story in todays Sacramento Bee says The ...

An A.P. story in today''s Sacramento Bee says "The Constitution defines marriage as a covenant between a man and a woman". which Article, Amendment or section of our Constitution is marriage defined in any way?

I have read the Constitution, in its entirety, more than a few times, and do not recall reading anywhere that it "defines" marriage at all, much less as a "covenant between a man and a woman." Could this article instead be talking about the desire of some who want that to be a fact or be a mistake of some kind?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you for the rapid response. It fits with what I believe to be true.   Customer