rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

I have a friend who is a lawyer being investigated because ...

I have a friend who is a lawyer being investigated because of poor judgement in his business practice. he was suffering from a medical condition that has just been discovered. what avenue of defense should he seek
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

He should try to prove that the medical condition was responsible for the poor judgment IF THERE WAS ANY TO BEGIN WITH. He will need medical proof/testimony on this issue. Potential problem for him......if he knew of the condition before and did not have it treated, he defense will be weakened. Also "poor judgment" is not the standard. It is "did he fail to perform his services in a way that was not reasonably comparable to the level of expertise of other similarly situated attorneys in his geographic area"

Rich

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.