LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I am being sued for a automobile accident I was involved ...

I am being sued for a automobile accident I was involved in. I was driving an insured company vechicle. However I had a suspended license at the time.I had a medical emergency and was trying to get to my medical provider.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance.

1. If you were driving a company insured vehicle the first thing you should do is to take the complaint (petition, summons) of the lawsuit to your employer immediately. Your employer is quite likely to be liable under a theory of Respondeat Superior and should contact its insurer immediately.
  2. It is also absolutely imperative that you get a proper response (answer, denial) filed in a timely manner. If you fail to do so you risk the entry of an adverse default judgment against you.
  3. Here is where you can obtain a form in fillable form as well as non-fillable form.
  4. Here is an excellent resource to find a lawyer and learn about California law.

If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.