Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.

How do I revoke a Power of Attorney I signed last year

No Comment Added

Thank you for your question.

If for any reason you are no longer comfortable having your chosen agent or agents handle your affairs, you have the right to revoke the power of attorney at any time, as long as you are of sound mind. In order to revoke a durable power of attorney, you simply write or type a statement which includes the following:

• Name and date
  • You are of sound mind
  • You wish to revoke the durable power of attorney
  • Specify the date the original durable power of attorney was executed
  • Specify the person or persons named as your agents
  • Your signature
  • Distribute copies of that statement to your agent and to any institutions and agencies, such as banks and hospitals, that had notice of your power of attorney. After you revoke the durable power of attorney, you can 1) execute a new durable power of attorney naming someone else as your agent to handle your affairs; or 2) handle your affairs on your own.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!