Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge, retired
Experience:  Licensed to practice law for 30 years. Retired state trial judge. Civil and Criminal experience.

i have a question about a eeo complaint

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 8 years ago.

Do you mean an EEOC complaint?

What is your question?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jane T (LLC)'s Post: i have been notified that a discrmination complaint was filed against me and i am with the fed gov for over 26 years. I believe it is sexual in commens the accuser said i made. i only have 3 plus years to retire and i am concerned about my retirement. Would you know what the punishment is for a first time offense but i did no do anything. This involves a contractor that is working for our agency and has problmes with her own company.

I will opt out to allow another expert to reply. I have been unable to complete this question and I need to log off for a bit, and I do not want to delay your response.

Expert:  Susan Roberts replied 8 years ago.

Good morning Mr. Burns,

Jane T asked me to take a look at your question to see if I can assist you.

How did you learn of the complaint? Has human resources or your manager talked with you about this? Have you been asked to do anything, such as provide information for a reply? Is there any truth to the allegations as you understand them?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was told a few weeks ago that the accuser had come to talk with my AA who in turned talked to me. I received a email today stating the DOT, FMCSA's EEOC office has assigned an ivestigator to this matter. NO THS NOT TRUE

The accuser, or any person, can make whatever complaint they wish to make to any one of dozens of governmental or non-governmental offices. The filing of a complaint raises no presumption that it is valid.

I suggest you contact your HR department to see if a fellow worker filed a complaint against you. Please speak with one of the HR managers. If one has been filed, they will be in touch with you when they prepare the company's response. Your comments will also be considered by any investigating agency and given the same weight as the accusers.