Leslie D.
Leslie D., Attorney
Experience:  Five years of experience in private practice. Experience in family law and civil litigation.

I am a youth pastor and want to take a short trip to ...

I am a youth pastor and want to take a short trip to another state. Do I need to get permission fro the parents to cross state lines with their children?
Expert:  Leslie D. replied 8 years ago.

How far will you be traveling? How long will the trip last? Although this is probably not something that will arise to the level of an interference with child custody, it is probably not a bad idea to get written permission from the parents either way, because of all the issues which could arise while the children are traveling with you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If this answers your question, please click "accept" so I may receive credit for my answer.