Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

a man I work with found out where we were vacationing. i ...

a man I work with found out where we were vacationing. i was sent a full frontal nude picture of myself ande rumors went around work of a sex tape of my husband and I. I am devistated. I do not have any evidence but what can I do about this,
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 8 years ago.

Where did the nude picture come from? How did this man obtain it? Who started the rumors? Were they true?

Thank you,

-KAT

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the picture was sent via email, it would have to been taken above our hotel room bed. staff people were talking as if they saw a video tape of my husband and I having sex. This has caused me to quit my job .I was suicidal for a time and am still in therapy.
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 8 years ago.

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for your question.

This may be a form of sexual harassment for which your employer and the employee can be held liable. However, more troubling is whether there are private pictures floating around. If someone has taken private pictures of you without your consent and is passing them out, that is something that may need to be reported to the authorities at the state and even the federal level. Such an action is tantamount to stalking.

If you can prove that these picture were sent around your work and your employer knew and did nothing about it, then you may have an action for sexual harassment. You may consider taking your employee manual, your evidence of the misconduct and any written paperwork to a local employment law attorney who can see your evidence and assess the potential merits of your case.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT