Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

If I am 18 years old can I be charged with truancy in Wisconsin

No Comment Added
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Yes, an 18 year old can be charged with truancy in Wisconsin. Compulsory education is required until the age of 18, upon graduation or end of the school term. So yes, you can be charged for truancy when you are 18.

An 18 year old can only quit school when the school term of their last year has ended. But not before that.

You can read the Wisconsin Education guidelines on this subject here.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.