How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Amy Hightower Your Own Question

Amy Hightower
Amy Hightower, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 139
Experience:  13 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Amy Hightower is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dont know what I can do legally

Resolved Question:

ok i will try to make this as short as possible. I had a friend /family member who lost a baby i paid for tombstone also gave $100 to come down to ga from wv but while she was here she stole my pain medication i had left over from oral surgry, even other meds too,my great grandmother''s pearls,drugged my husband with valium . then after forcing her to leave after almost 2 weeks i started getting harrassing phone calls from another family member and they stopped for a while now i am getting more, problem is i have no proof other than what her bf told me and she told me herself which he didn''t tell me until after they broke up. this happened approx end of october but now she won''t stop is there any legal action i can do b/c i am not the first nor the last person she will do this to. Also I have papers where she wrote down my ssn and credit card info but i did cancel them and put idenity guard on my ssn
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Amy Hightower replied 7 years ago.

You can file charges against her for theft and for harassment. As for the theft issue, sometimes all you have is circumstantial evidence. Maybe she was the only person who had access to the items, etc. That may be your only proof. It will be up to the police and/or magistrate judge as to whether or not any charges can be filed because of the lack of evidence.

As for the harassment issue, you can also file charges for that. If she is harassing you over the telephone, once you file charges, the police can subpoena your phone records very easily. You can also file charges against her for identity theft regarding your credit card and ss#. If anyone else has seen or heard her do any of these things, they can be named as witnesses in the prosecution of the case. I

f you are having difficulty getting cooperation from the police, go to the magistrate judge and ask to swear out a warrant. The judge will hear your explanation of the facts and decide whether or not enough evidence exists to have a hearing for the warrant. The problem you will have is that she is in West Virginia and you are in Georgia. The judge in Georgia can issue a warrant because the crimes occurred in Georgia, but when they serve her for the hearing, she will probably not return to Georgia for the hearing willingly. If that happens, the judge can issue a bench warrant and she can be arrested the next time she enters the state or the warrant can be transferred to WV and she can be arrested there.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Please click "accept" so I can be paid for my time. Positive feedback and bonuses are always very much appreciated.

Amy Hightower, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 139
Experience: 13 years legal experience.
Amy Hightower and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.