Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
3273316

is Michelle available

No Comment Added

DearCustomer/p>

I am here. How can I assist you?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have you been following my conversations with the other guys - or do I start from square one?

DearCustomer/p>

I can go back and look at it - is there something particular that I should be focused on?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes. rules of evidence. I have 6 day trial coming up in Jul - their main issue is my PTSD diagnosis. Questions asked of me will be generated from information that was stolen out of my office. I wanted to know if I'm obligated to answer them? Also, if expert testimony establihes that PTSD diagnosis by itself is not sufficient grounds for a veteran to lose custody of his child, doesn't it make all subsequent questions pertaining to how that diagnosis was reached moot?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sure that you can see the ramifications here, Michelle. If court rules against me, precedent will be set for thousands of veterans to lose custody of their children?!?

DearCustomer/p>

Let me review and research a bit and I will get back to you -

Thanks for requesting I assist with this matter and for your patience.

~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
10-4...not that I don't trust the other guys, but I feel very compfortable with you and I'll have no problem in accepting whatever you say - even thogh it may not be what I would like to hear
                                    George

Dear XXXXX

I have read the other question and the answers - and I did error - I was commenting on a criminal matter. If you recall, I then even moved your question to family law department - I will have to agree with both RVlaw's and Family Expert's answers. I think Family Expert is very correct in that you want to focus on winning the case and not so much how they got the information - But I will suggest that your attorney tries to fight the introduction of that medical information - and does use the fact that the VA doc does not need to disclose the medical information - May or may not be granted, but worth a shot. If the Judge orders it, then the Doc will need to give it.

Now, your PTSD - as you state is limited to bad dreams, etc. Your attorney should also have your VA doc prepared to testify as to exactly what that means in terms of your NOT being a threat or danger to your children and that there is no history or concern for violent behavor.

I also need to agree with the Family Expert and suggest that you relax and let your attorney do the worrying - that is why you are paying him/her the big bucks. I know this is well stressful and you want to make sure all your bases are covered. But if you do not take care of yourself you will be good for no one and a stressed person is easy to detect in the court room. You will want a judge to see a calm, relaxed, caring and loving parent in you - not someone who appears to be stressed out.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication on the items stolen from your office - but I need to agree with the other two experts. If is your choice to accept this or not.

Best of success to you and thanks very much for valuing my opinion and feeling comfortable with me.