Winston Mortain
Winston Mortain, Lawyer.
Experience:  27 years practice of law
9227549

Im a CDL holder and recived a ticket in La.

Customer Question

I''m a CDL holder and recived a ticket in La. wondering if thay report back to the state of issue or if they just want the fine paid.. (speeding ticket) Kevin
Expert:  Winston Mortain replied 8 years ago.

What is the procedure for paying the fine? Is there a form for waiving a court apppearance and mailing in the fine? If so, the form may say words to the effect of "I don't contest this ticket, agree that I committed the violation and that a finding or judgement of conviction may be entered against me ...".

You might consider not signing the form but just paying the fine.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have missed point of question: not related to the paying of the fine but the reporting of said volition back to the state of issue of the CDL.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Winston Mortain's Post: have missed point of question: not related to the paying of the fine but the reporting of said volition back to the state of issue of the CDL.

The point is this: if you are concerned that this ticket might threaten your CDL if it is reported to the state of issue, you might consider paying the fine without admitting that you did anything wrong.

Under what circumstances the State of Louisiana might or might not report a speeding ticket to your state of issue is very difficullt if not impossible to research, so I am suggesting a way to "work around" the problem.