Amy Hightower
Amy Hightower, Lawyer.
Experience:  13 years legal experience.

If you were referred to a laywer from an owner of a ...

If you were referred to a laywer from an owner of a physical therapy facility and you now need to sue one of thier consults for malpractice, is there a ethical issue??

I just want to make sure I understand your question.

Are you saying that you want to use the lawyer that the physical therapist referred you to, to turn around and sue that same therapist?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, I was referred to the lawyer by the owner, which I did contract with. Now, one of the owner's consultant's preformed a proceedure which put me in the hospital, out of work and on disability. Is it a conflit for this laywer to represent me on a malpractice suit?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was first referred to this lawyer because of a car accident 5 months ago. This just recently happened.

I see a potential conflict, in that you have to be sure you trust the lawyer considering who the referral came from originally. This might make you question his loyalty to you versus the owner of the physical therapy clinic. Legally, the lawyer can represent you, however, I wouldn't recommend it because if anything goes wrong, you will always have questions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. He has not really helped me in the last 5 months, reply to one letter and answered 2 questions. He is hard to get a hold of.