Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law

my husband and I own an office condo. He is an MD and ...

my husband and I own an office condo. He is an MD and the business is his. Since I am an owner of the building, do I also own everything in the office?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear lyynne728

If the condo came furnished and is only in your name, then you would own whatever came with the condo - as to his business records, etc you would not own those even though they are in the condo.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: the condo did not come furnnished- we furnished it with loans in both our names. I want to know if all the furniture and records with our home address (in both our names) belong to both of us.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Dear Customer

Yes, it does. Anything that you two bought jointly (whether before marriage or after marriage) is joint property and therefore belongs to both of you equally.