truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!

I need help on a legal question.

I need help on a legal question. This website is very hard
What is your question?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is the penalty in new jersey if i have to go to court over a death threat? Please send answer in email if possible...[email protected] Thanks

What were you charged with? Harassment? Assault? Was this a one time threat or continuous?

Go HERE and read under 3rd Degree Crimes to see the punishment. This will be dependent on if you have any previous crimes on your record and the extent of this charge.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to truthfinder's Post: This girl filed complaints against me because she said i threatened to kill her, she might have evidence recorded on her phone. I filed complaints as well about harassment and someone saying they would kill me coming from her and a friend (i dont have proof). Basically, we both filed complaints. If there not dropped, or cancelled out, and worst comes to worst im found guilty, what am i facing? Never been to court for a complaint before

PS-i will have a lawyer

If you are found guilty of a 3rd degree crime in NJ, the range of penalties are as follows and could be one, a combination of more than one, or all of these:

1. Probation without jail & Community Service Hours
  2. Up to 5 years in prison
  3. Up to 1 year prison and probation
  4. Fines for restitution
  5. Restraining Order prohibiting contact with victim
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Last question, what do you believe as an expert in law will be the is all the true facts:

-I said im gonna kill you as a joke (she prob has it recorded)

-She harassed me with phone calls, and made a guy threaten to kill me on her behalf (no proof)

-Shes 17, im 19

-We both filed complaints against one another
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Oh, and we both are going to have lawyers
Honestly, I believe the court will dismiss the issue altogether or at the very most, give one or the both of you a warning and community service with orders to stay away from each other.