LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

i live in ohio. my employer agreed to pay me a salary per ...

i live in ohio. my employer agreed to pay me a salary per week, not per hour. the woman that does our payroll has been paying me at an hourly rate, lower than the last hourly rate i was paid. is this legal?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance.

Yes, unfortunately it is legal. Ohio law has little to say here -- beyond that the minimum frequency for pay-days is semi-monthly. Beyond that, your employer needs to simply instruct this woman to do as she is told. He is the boss, after all, and it is not up to her to change your arrangments with him. As for the law, however, there is not much help available -- this is an internal matter for your boss to handle.

If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.