LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

our elected union official was sworn in then three ...

our elected union official was sworn in then three hours later he ressigned now the next day he states he wants his position back he changed his mind. This resignation was in writting is he entitled to his position? Someone said everyone has 24 hours to change their mind is this a real law?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance.

This sound like a pretty unusual situation to say the least! I had never heard of anything remotely like this supposed "24 hours" law. So, I did some research (statutes and case law) and came up with nothing. So, in my opinion this is most likely a sort of "urban legend". The situation should be governed by the union by-laws. They could contain such a provision, although I very much doubt it. But, as far as a law there appears to be none.

If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.