Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

I AM BEING KICKED OUT OF MY APARTMENT AND WAS NEVER SERVED ...

Customer Question

I AM BEING KICKED OUT OF MY APARTMENT AND WAS NEVER SERVED PAPERS. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT I HAD COURT AND MISSED IT. WHAT CAN I DO?
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

If a judgment was obtained against you because you were not properly served and thus not given notice of the action pending against you, you have the option of filing a motion to vacate the default judgment. This will remove the judgment against you and give you a chance to respond to the original action. Aside from filing the motion, you could also contact, or have an attorney, contact opposing counsel to see if you can stipulate to set aside the default judgment and allow you to respond to the Complaint.

You may consider seeking the advice of local legal counsel to help you navigate through the legal system.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lawgirl's Post: I'M GUESSING THAT THE SHERIFF WILL HERE TOMORROW TO MOVE ME OUT AND I WANT TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING. HOW DO I FIGHT THAT?