truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!

I was never served papers by my landlord or anyone ...

Customer Question

I was never served papers by my landlord or anyone else and I did''nt know that I had court so now I am being kicked out what can I do?
Expert:  truthfinder replied 8 years ago.
Are you saying that you weren't served notice of a court hearing and now there has been a court order judgment issued by the court for default that is allowing the landlord to evict you? How did you find out about this? Has the Sheriff come to remove you? Were you left notification on your door? Received something by mail? an you explain the situation more?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I was never served. My neighbor told me that the land lord put a peice of paper in my screen door and left. But I didn't get any paper or paper's
Who is telling you that you must leave? Has the Sheriff showed up to remove you? If you have not been served with eviction papers or been contacted by the Sheriff then you have not been evicted yet and were probably served with a 3 or 5 day notice to quit. This means that you have 3-5 days to pay your rent, adhere to a lease violation of some sort, or vacate the premises. They can not force you to leave however without an eviction notice from the court. You need to contact the Clerk of Court in your county where you reside and ask them to verify if any such action has been taken against you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
and what do i do if there has?