Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection
997364

what is the burial law for state of mississippi- my ...

what is the burial law for state of mississippi- my neighbor just buried his wife in front yard- said it was allowed in mississippi???

I am sorry, I do not have good news. Mississippi has no law preventing anyone from burying their family member on their own private property. The Zoning Office in the city or county in which the family plans to bury the body should be consulted to find out if any restrictions exist in the proposed burial location. If no prohibitive zoning ordinances exist, then private property can be used to bury the body.

You can file a complaint but if there is no zoning issues then he is permitted to bury the body on his property.

Walter