4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.
796442

Laws pertaining to Wills in Illinois After a relative ...

Laws pertaining to Wills in Illinois: After a relative dies, is there a time period to read a wll? if a person is named in the will, is someone required to notify them? Can their inheiritance be hidden from them?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
The will is often probated before the courts. A personal representative is named in the will to handle the estate and pass on any inheritance and notify those that are named. Wills are often probated within 6 months of death. Inheritance can not be hidden if they are named in the will.

http://familyestate.com/main/probate.htm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Would that also be the same if there was a trust set up? Would that go to probate too? Is probate for all Will's in Illinois....or only for amounts left in large amounts? My aunt passed away owning an estate over millions of dollars.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
yes, on the wills for probate......and trust. The trustee of any trust must keep those named in the trust informed of all matters regarding the trust. Illinois does have a tax on large estates so I suggest you read the link above in full.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
May I be of further assistance to you on this..........