truthfinder
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
4257669

I have been granted a Hearing with a Judge for criminal ...

Customer Question

I have been granted a Hearing with a Judge for criminal court for my car that has been held by my late father's wife. I have owned the vehicle Title since 6/6/2006. I am asking for the car plus the auto ins, and excise taxes I have had to pay. I have no idea the condition of the vehicle as I have not seen the vehicle when she took it 8 months ago.
Can I represent myself, or am i putting my self in a situation I could not get what I need.
Can legal fees be also be reimbursed also. My concern is this woman has all her money tied up to 2 real estate properties. 1 under a Trust, the other under a Homestead Act. I would like to ask for the retail value of the vehicle and the expenses, but I don't know how she would pay me ( even though she has the money...just hidden in the real estate). The car is only valued at 8,000 now. I am SS disabled so I want the most I can get out of this situation.
I would also like to prosecute this woman if I could...??
Expert:  truthfinder replied 6 years ago.

You can sue in civil court for the amount as well. You can seek the value of the vehicle, court costs, attorney fees (should you decide to retain legal counsel), as well as personal injury for the crime and any fees you incurred to collect the car and monies paid for alternate transportation such as public transportation fees, rental cars, etc.

If you can not afford an attorney you could seek help through Legal Aid in your area or find an attorney that works on a contingency basis which means if you do not win and get paid, they do not get paid. To contact legal aid go HERE, HERE, and HERE. For forms to file for a civil action Pro Se (without an Attorney) go HERE.

truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience: I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING REGARDING THE CRIMINAL HEARING. I UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN SUE SEPARATELY.
HOWEVER THIS HEARING,IF I UNDERSTAND, IF I DON'T GET WHAT I FEEL I NEED, I CAN SUE SEPARATELY.
HOWEVER, NO ATTORNEY WILL TAKE THIS FOR A REASONABLE RATE. SO I WAS WONDERING IF I DID RETAIN A LAWYER, WOULD HIS/HER FEES BE PAID ?
SOUNDS LIKE THAT IS NOT A FOR SURE THING..WHICH COULD COST ME MORE THAN THE VEHICLE, THAT MAY NEED A WHOLE LOT OF WORK.
I FEEL LIKE I AM IN A CATCH-22, AND THE PERSON THAT TOOK MY CAR, GETS FREE LEGAL HELP DUE TO HER AGE..
IS THERE A FORM I NEED TO COMPLETE TO REPRESENT MYSELF ? SHOULD I PREPARE A MOTION/ SUMMARY OF THE PROBLEM AND WHAT I WANT TO RESOLVE IT, AND SEND IT TO THE JUDGE PRIOR TO THE HEARING ? OR AT THE HEARING ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please reply toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
not the email you are sending too.
Thank you

As I mentioned before you CAN seek legal costs and attorney fees. Also, you can find criminal, small claims, and civil forms HERE (I already provided the forms above that you would need to file yourself if you decide to move forward without an attorney). In your request for a hearing you should have already told the court what you wanted as far as restitution for the offense, but you can certainly file a form stating that with the court again as well as bring it up at the hearing. You can use this form HERE to do that, write your own statement in a free hand form, and/or the form HERE and mark (other).

**We are only allowed to reply through the Just Answer site and that will send to the email you have on file with Just Answer...if you wish to change that information do so through your profile or contact Customer Service....thank you!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know what credit card you are referring to, so I cannot authorize it.
I have a master card I want to use ending in 5018.
Please advise..??
Nancy at xxxx@xxx

I was referring to the fact that you asked to send the information to a different email address....your credit card information is fine. To give us credit for our work you only need to click ACCEPT....positive feedback and BONUES are always welcomed and appreciated.

I wish you the best of luck! God bless!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I want to pay you for your time, but the system has the incorrect email address and wrong credit card.
So I wrote to customer service regarding the 2 problems.
I will be waiting for their response.
I do not know what credit card that is, so I do not want to OK a charge to it.
(I don't want to be on the wrong side of the law)
We will get this straigntened out asap.
Is the credit card in my name? Nancy Boal ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was never asked to register.
So I just changed the email to my address and my name.
I am looking for the place to put in my credit card information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already done a criminal application. I have a Hearing scheduled in 2 weeks.
So I do not need to fill out another criminal application.
I just wanted what to expect in this criminal hearing.

No....I was just stating that you can use a form such as this OR even more simply write it out freehand to state to the judge why you have filed for the hearing, the facts of the case, and what you feel is a satisfactory resolution.

I hope Customer Service helps you adjust your account, I will send notification you need assistance as well.

I wish you the best of luck & a blessed weekend!

Please feel free to come back if you need further assistance or questions.