Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

Is there any pending law that reqires the retailer, not the ...

Is there any pending law that reqires the retailer, not the consumer, to fill out any factory rebate forms, and take the rebate amount off the price of the item at point of purchase?

DearCustomer- I know of no law of this type and unless it is actually passed there would be no official record of it. Also, there are 50 states plus the Federal government so the search would be impossible. I doubt that a law such as this would be passed since this is a private matter between consumers and retailers and manufacturers and it would serve no public interest to pass a law of this nature.

Our economy is based on free enterprise and business is generally not regulated except to serve a specific public need. A rebate is a sales technique and is not required to purchase a product. It is simply a gift from the retailer or manufacturer and the consumer has a right to choose whether or not to participate.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law