Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
7902899

Can a city hold the property owner responsible for a ...

Can a city hold the property owner responsible for a water bill cotracted between the city and a tenant who has moved and left an unpaid balance. The city doesn''t even contact the property owner to ask if the name the service goes into even rents the property in question.
Expert:  Justice For All replied 8 years ago.

No, they are supposed to hold the actual person whose name the water bill is in responsible. Now if the water bill was still in your name while the tenanat was there, then yes, you would be responsible.

If this has happened, you will have to pay the water bill and file suit against the tenant so that you may be reimbursed for your payment of this bill.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.

Jennifer