Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
7902899

I sold an ATV to a fellow in a remote part of Alaska 3 ...

I sold an ATV to a fellow in a remote part of Alaska 3 weeks ago. He called this morning and said it was leaking gas and that he would not have bought it if he''d known there was rust on the frame. It is a 1999 year Honda atv. Wants to send it back to me. I told him I would send him $500 and he could keep it. He said he wants a full refund w/ shipping. This was (is) a good running machine when it was dropped off at the airfrieght co. Any ideas where I stand? Thank you, Dave
Expert:  Justice For All replied 8 years ago.

If you signed something and sold the item AS IS then you are not required to return any of his money for refund. Since he has already had the item three weeks, who is to say that he didn't cause the damage to the ATV. It is entirely up to you, but legally he purchased the item as is and since it has been three weeks, you are not legally required to return any of his money paid.

Don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.

Jennifer