Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law

if a new car was purchased at a toyota dealership and had a ...

Customer Question

if a new car was purchased at a toyota dealership and had a trade involved in the state of new jersey and sales agreements were signed. is there a period of time that you can cancel the deal if you feel you are not being delt with properly (high pressure, last day of the month) on the trade in value as well as the deal in general. vehicle purchased 2/29/08.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 years ago.

Dear XXXXX glickenstelin

Unfortunately, there is no return on vehicles whether new, used, leased or purchased. Once a contract is signed you are obligated to those terms. If you feel that there was deception in the deal or sale by the dealership then I suggest you might want to discuss this with the consumer division of the NJ Attorney General's office. However, keep in mind they will not provide you legal counsel. But if you can give specifics as to where you feel the deception occurred they will do an investigation. You can reach that office HERE

Best to you in this matter,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was aware of the legal steps as far as getting legal assistances. Was trying to find other ways to cancel the agreement similar to the wording in my original request.

thx's
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 years ago.

Dear XXXXX glickstelin

Your question asked if your could cancel a contract on the purchase of a vehicle - and the legal answer is there would be no recourse unless you can prove deception - high pressured sales tatics do not constitute deception - nor does you not being present at the signing UNLESS someone forged your name- this is a buyer beware situation. That is why I referred you to the AG - in case there was some deception that you are not presenting in your scenario

My answer is correct -

Best to you in this matter,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Michelle, this is a corrected edited copy of my last message of what I just sent you. (I FAILED TO ADVISE YOU IN MY ORIGINAL REQUEST OR MY LAST MESSAGE TO YOU). (That I feel we were involved with a bait and switch situation when we were told by Toyoto's Mr. Clark in front of their Ray Bryant that they had no more cars with regard to the $139.00 or $159.00 per month promotion that they were running on the radio this morning on there lease program. Which was the original reason we went out to their showroom. However Mr. Clark when on to say we have other good deals and told Mr.Bryant to look over other car deals). Would that consitute deception??

Michelle, this is the first time I am using this type of service. Please accept my apology on not know exactly how to present my problem. Your recent email indicated that high pressure sales tactic's is not deception, that's good to know. Also as I originally mentioned the car in under my wife's name only and only her signation was required, which they have. However I would like to get back to you tomorrow on this matter to properly see that you are compensated for your time. I plan to return to the dealership tomorrow and present my issues on the entire deal in an effort to resolved.

Thx's