Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
7902899

I purchased an online CEU course and paid in full for ...

I purchased an online CEU course and paid in full for $350 through paypal and got a receipt. When I got to the onsite course the speaker took me aside and told me I owed her an extra $50 because I had registered past a "promotional" date. She had told me that if I scrolled down to then end of the webpage I should have seen the "real" price listed as an a la carte item for $400.Am I entitled to pay the extra $50 or is this a done deal? I am a Texas resident and the online course was in Louisiana.
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

If it appeared as though the $350 was you paying in full for this course, then that is all that you are required to pay. If she hid the extra $50 payment and made customers such as yourself believe that all you had to pay was $350 then she is falsely advertising the price of her product and placing herself at risk for suit based on false advertising.

If you were required to pay an additional $50 since you were past the promotional date, legally you should have been clearly notified of this prior to your purchase. If not, then they are responsible for their own mistake in not clearly posting this.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my time.

Jennifer