CALawyer, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Graduated Magna Cum Laude (Law School), Graduated Undergraduate at 19 Years of Age.

What does Michigan law state about the penalty for ...

What does Michigan law state about the penalty for slander/libel, ie: any party/organization who wrongfully accuses another party of business misconduct (failure to follow established by-laws/procedures). I am a former Quixtar IBO now being accused by Quixtar Corporation of illegally participating in another multi-level business and recruiting current Q IBO''s into a different multi-level business ... which are prohibited by Quixtar by-laws. And, both claims which are completely false and without any basis or merit.
There is no set penalty.

If you were to sue, and were able to prove all of the elements of defamation, you would be able to recover either presumed damages or money that compensated you for the harm to your representation. There would typically need to be some proof of loss (lost a job opportunity, lost self-employment income, etc.) in order to recover more than nominal damages. However, if you could prove that it was intentional and malicious you might have a valid claim for punitive damages in an amount sufficient to punish Quixtar.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering.