truthfinder
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
4257669

Florida Bullying law

My son , currently attends a school in Coral spring''s, FL. He''s currently in a hospital, because of the cause and effects of bullying in the school.
   His injuries aren''t physical, their
emotional.
   I, would like to know if I as a parent
have any legal recourse.
Expert:  truthfinder replied 8 years ago.

IF the school did not do their job in stopping the bullying through suspension or other discipline then you have a civil case against them for negligence and personal injury. The child(ren) that did the bullying need to be charged with that crime so you need to file a police report and you can also press charges against their parents for allowing this to happen. Along with pressing criminal charges you can file suit in civil court to recover monetary damages for medical bills, personal injury, harassment, etc. as well as court costs and attorney fees should you decide to retain legal counsel. To read more on the laws of your state go HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE:

5) SAFETY.--In accordance with the provisions of s. 1006.13(5), students who have been victims of certain felony offenses by other students, as well as the siblings of the student victims, have the right to be kept separated from the student offender both at school and during school transportation.

Go HERE to report it to the Florida Department of Education especially if the school is doing nothing about this. You may also be able to get an order of protection against the child(ren) involved. They could be arrested for assault as well as it does not have to be the physical but verbal abuse is considered assault; read HERE.

If you have reported it to the teacher, then report it to the principal, then the School Superintendent, the District School Board, State Board of Education, and police.