Dave Martin
Dave Martin, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 year veteran trial lawyer Million Dollar Advocates

I am a PA tenent whom has recently had property loss from a ...

I am a PA tenent whom has recently had property loss from a fire that started in my next door neighbors home. I did not have renters insurance. Do I have any rights to request compensation for the property that I lost.
Expert:  Dave Martin replied 8 years ago.

Your action would be against the next door neighbor if you can show some fault on neighbor's part that caused the fire. Typically the police will investigate a suspicious fire to determine origin. You will want to talk to the local police to get the reults of their investigation. If your landlord is in violation of any local ordinances on smoke detectors or fire extinguishers that were violated, Landlord would also be liable for your losses. You would have to show that the potentially missing detectors or extinguishers would have prevented your losses.