How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CALawyer Your Own Question
CALawyer, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  Graduated Magna Cum Laude (Law School), Graduated Undergraduate at 19 Years of Age.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CALawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HOw do I apply for guardianship of my father who is very ...

This answer was rated:

HOw do I apply for guardianship of my father who is very confused in the state of MA? I live in NY and would like to move him here.
You would need to file a petition with the Massachusetts probate court for a "conservatorship." If you could establish that he lacked capacity to take care of himself and that it would be in his best interest for you to take care of him, the Court would typically grant you the power to do so. There would be a few court hearings and likely an investigation to ensure that it would be safe to place him with you.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering.
CALawyer and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you