Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
2911261

I asked to buy a used rv trailer. They said they could not ...

Customer Question

I asked to buy a used rv trailer. They said they could not get financing for a used one. They talked me into a 30ft. I asked if our pickup could pull one that large. They looked at our pick up and said no problem. I signed the papers and we tried to pull the rv about 40 miles. The pickup continued to slip into low grear. I called and told them that the rv was too heavy for our pickup. They said we could trade down. We picked out an 18ft, priced on the lot half the price of the one I bought the day before. They gave me the paper work on the trade. The botXXXXX XXXXXne, the price, botXXXXX XXXXXne, was 28,699.98; botXXXXX XXXXXne of the 17ft is 30,506.69. The trailers are the same name, the 17ft was stripped of all the extras, etc. They were going to charge 1,295.00 just to trade. They almost doubled the price of the 17ft, from 17,000 to 23000. I am now stuck with a 30ft rv that needs a pickup a 1/2 ton larger than I have. Is there anything that can be done with the salseman agreeing that my pickup wou
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I signed the papers on Feb.8,2008 and pick up the rv on the 11th I think. I immediately called them about the problem and we have been working on it since that time. The "main" man was in a conference and could not address the issue until this week. I just got the figures on the trade yesterday. Oh, did I tell you that the trade-down was the same make and the price tag on the trailer was 17,00000.

DearCustomer

When a consumer relies on a sales persons determination or experience to let them know if an item they are purchasing will be compatible with or will work with something they already own then such sales person's determination, if wrong, may allow the consumer to recover his expenses or costs due to their reliance on the determination/conclusion made by the sales person. There are many sources of assistance available to you in your state that can help you with this matter and able to help you learn all of your consumer rights.

For example, you may be able to file a complaint with the TX Attorney General's office at http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml The TX Attorney General also provides TX residents with a large list of legal resources they can seek to provide them with free or low cost attorney services that you can contact for assistance, in addition to filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office - http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/resources.shtml

Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience: Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you help me futher on this matter or do I need to get a lawyer? Thank you for your advise. Wanda King

DearCustomer

All JA can do is provide information, it cannot and does not advise anyone, only an attorney personally hired by someone can give them advice, as the note under my name indicates. There are quite a few listings of attorney or legal help in TX on the TX Attorney General's website, in addition to the Attorney General's office, that can help you.

Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)

DearCustomer

Thank you for accepting twice for your two questions, however, please keep in mind that JA does permit persons to ask follow up questions to their original question without requiring them to pay for the follow up responses. Let me know if you would like a refund for the second accept, if that was an accident.