dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Juris Doctorate Degree
5930486

If I am married to a gentleman in California and have been ...

Customer Question

If I am married to a gentleman in California and have been married since 12-06 can he put in a trust his house to a minister who coerced him and can I not get my part of it. He has terminal cancer. Do I have to get a divorce or other legal proceedings to keep him to give or sell the house to the minister for nothing. This was done this month. I have been living in Arizona because of my job and the expense possible of his sickness. I have been trying to get transferred to calif so I could move there. Should I quit my job and move in his house to be able to keep it.
Expert:  dkennedy replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

If I were you, I would consider getting a Guardianship and Conservatorship over your husband. So many times, taking a lot fo medication makes a person vulnerable to people who try to "prey" on them. You need to get Power of Attorney at the very least. You should also consider getting a restraining order against the minister who is trying to get your husband's property. There are a lot of options.

But, get busy right away to take care of these things. He might be coerced into really tying things up, to the point that you cannot remedy the situation. Contact a lawyer who is familiar with this area of law.

I wish you the best of luck.