Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Are escorts sevices legal in Ohio

No Comment Added
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question. I think its a matter of semantics here. It's not illegal to "escort" somebody but prostitution is illegal and if there is sex for money involved that is what we are talking about whether the folks doing the "escorting" or "modeling" or whatever you advertise it as, this would be crime they would be liable for. Hope this gives you some research in the matter..

PROSTITUTION / SOLICITATION

Sex related offenses such as Prostitution, Pandering, and Solicitation are illegal in the State of Ohio. They are serious offenses that carry life changing consequences.

Prostitution is the practice of engaging in sexual activity, usually with individuals other than a spouse or a friend, in exchange for money or other valuables.

Pandering is the act of recruiting a prostitute or soliciting customers for a prostitute. A pimp commits the crime of pandering.

Solicitation is the act of asking, inducing or directing someone to engage in sexual activity in exchange for money. Solicitation is commonly known as Solicitation for Prostitution.

Prostitution may be of either sex and may engage in heterosexual or homosexual activity but most prostitution has been by women with men as clients. Prostitution is a crime throughout the United States except for few counties in the state of Nevada where it is allowed in licensed houses of prostitution.

In cases involving solicitation for prostitution, most clients are arrested in so called "sting operations". These operations usually involve a woman (in some cases an undercover cop/decoy) acting as the prostitute soliciting drivers from the side of a roadway. The female decoy is generally very attractive and does her best to lure unsuspecting and unwary men to pull over and engage her in a brief conversation. After a brief verbal exchange the prostitute attempts to get the person to say the magic words --- SEX AND MONEY. Once the unsuspecting person agrees to the sex act for money the person is usually arrested immediately or after pulling into a parking lot or inside of a hotel room.

In Ohio, both the prostitute and the "John" are aggressively prosecuted for prostitution and solicitation. Innocent citizens with no criminal history can find themselves accused and arrested of one of these crimes simply by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Prostitution and solicitation are crimes that may be charged as felonies or misdemeanors. Both of these sex crimes carry a lasting social stigma and serious legal consequences. In some states, because of overwhelming pressure from the public many prosecutors will stop at nothing to get a conviction. Punishment on these cases can range from community service, AIDS testing, fines, counseling to jail time

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to RayAnswers's Post: I not sure what semantis is?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
It means that you can call it an "escort" or you can call it a "date" but if you are selling sex you will fall under the prostitution laws above....
Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law