Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
3273316

Would this by-law provision allow a spouse to be a ...

Would this by-law provision allow a spouse to be a contractor with the coporation without any concerns regarding possible court testimonry?                                         ;                                     Portion of By-Laws involved: No corporate member shall so situate themselves as to be legally immune from testimony in actions which may arise against contractors, licensees, lessors, lessees, or employees of the corporation (addition) UNLESS SAID MEMBER HAS SIGNED A LEGAL DOCUMENT REMOVING THEMSELVES FROM SAID IMMUNITY. Such individuals as are found to be immune from such legal testimony shall be deemed ineligible to hold corporate membership in the Fur Takers of America Inc., in compliance with all applicable conflict-of-interest statutes and regulations and general not for profit corporation law in Missouri and applicable requirements of the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

The provision "UNLESS SAID MEMBER HAS SIGNED A LEGAL DOCUMENT REMOVING THEMSELVES FROM SAID IMMUNITY" does allow a spouse to contract with the corporation - Of course, only with the said waiver being signed. Without that provision and waiver in hand - the spouse would be precluded due to the remainder of the bylaw -

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle