CALawyer, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Graduated Magna Cum Laude (Law School), Graduated Undergraduate at 19 Years of Age.

I am a second wife and co-executor of the will/estate

Customer Question

I am a second wife and co-executor (along with his daughter---my step daughter) of my deceased husband''s will/estate. We are in process of having a slab placed on his grave.I would like to have a Bible verse placed on the slab possilbe including my name and his first wife''s name--- but the daughter is opposed. The will referred to Christian burial, etc (no specifics).As a widow, what are my rights concerning this matter? Thanks.
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
Well, unless there are written directions on the issue, the decision would go to the executors of the husband's estate. Since you are co-executors, you would have to either agree on something or you would need to petition the courts (for instructions) to resolve the dispute in the probate case.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering.