truthfinder
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!

I live in Raeford NC, and have a cousin in Maryland up for ...

I live in Raeford NC, and have a cousin in Maryland up for parole this month, we have submitted all interstate compact forms along with letters explaining he has no immediate family, i am the only family member left, NC denied our claim, no they will release him on the streets on Balto. city where he got in trouble in the fist place. Needless to say we are both scared and worried. I can give him a good life here and a fresh start, what else can i do ??
Expert:  truthfinder replied 6 years ago.
I am a bit confused. Are you saying that they are releasing him but not allowing him to move to North Carolina? If that is the case then he can appeal to the parole board as well as the governor and his probation officer (supervision agent) to have his case moved to North Carolina. Even if the Interstate Compact was denied, refile for it as an appeal. Continue to harass (not literally) them with letter after letter to the governors, senators, and parole boards of both states....it is a good chance you will find someone that will hear your plea and try to help him. Of course this is based on may different concerns such as his crime, previous criminal history, etc. but also with his compatibility with society which seems to be very diminished in Maryland but rather positive in NC. (When I say appeal to them I do not mean to file a formal motion but rather write a letter to them pleading for the change of venue of his parole case; make it personal.) Write or speak with the DA to seek his help in getting the motion approved as they should want any criminal out of their state and especially in a situation where it will benefit the state and the defendant, it seems like a win-win-situation. If the state of Maryland can be convinces that it is literally a matter of life and death that the compact be approved for him to go to North Carolina, they are more adept to agree; in this case that fact can be argued as his has no life in Maryland, no family, no job, no home, nothing where as he can have all that in NC.....it very well could be argued a LAD situation. Letters from those in leadership especially pastors or other clergymen who can vouch for his being taken in by the community there and helped to be rehabilitated would be useful as well.
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Experience: I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!