Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
7902899

16 months ago I wanted to purchase home but credit was

Customer Question

16 months ago I wanted to purchase home but credit was not good. A friend or so thought put it in his name. He now decided this week it was his and wont let me on the property. What can I do
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

If you have been paying for this home or did pay for this home, you should file suit to have the court order that the deed be changed to your name OR order that he reimburse you for the cost of the home.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my time.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Should I file a lispendis or a lien against the property for the amount I have put into totaling over 150 thousand

I would file a lis pendens once you file suit. A lis pendens will alert any potential buyers that there is a pending lawsuit concerning the property. I would suggest filing suit as soon as possible so that you may either have the deed changed or receive compensation.

Jennifer

If you need more help, please let me know. Otherwise, please don't forget to accept so that I may be compensated for my time.

Jennifer