4ren6, Forensics/CSI
Experience:  Sworn Expert Witness in Criminal Law. Sworn Expert Courtroom Testimony.

How do I find out if I am a beneficiary in a Living Trust ...

Customer Question

How do I find out if I am a beneficiary in a Living Trust where the person whos trust it is has deseased?
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
You would need to speak to the personal representative or the Attorney involved in the estate. Anyone that is part of a trust is entitled to know and be kept current of such funds. I suggest you speak to either of the two persons above. As they would have been the ones to handle the estate. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Since the owner of the Living Trust is deseased and has been for almost 3 years now and I do not speak to the niece, who has proven to be a deceitful liar regarding other issues involving her deseased uncle, who am I supposed to talk to again????
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The niece is handling the disolving of the estate herself. The Attorney who originally did the Living Trust now denies doing it, which complicates things. Even the salesperson representing the Attorneys law office remembers meeting with the uncle (Deseased owner of Living Trust) to do it. The Attorney is the daughter of the original Attorney who passed away while the uncle was still alive.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
Were you at anytime notified that you had a trust in your name by any court, attorney or personal representive or trustee to the trust.........? Was there any probate of the estate.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was never notified that I had a Trust in my name. I did have a copy of the Living Trust which only showed the amendment leaving me their dwelling. Much was left blank on the living trust pages. There was no probate of the estate, but the Title to the property was held for 1 year while both my and their Attorneys corresponded. I threatened to take them to court over the Trust due to the fact that I had gotten deeply into debt while taking care of their uncle who was also my domestic partner. We had State Domestic Partnership. I asked for $50,000 and settled for $30,000. I am only wondering if I was left any monies because on March 11th of this year it will be 3 years since his death and there are still bank accounts and stocks that haven't been liquidated and divided between the two nieces and one nephew. It seems strange due to the fact that a Living Trust should insure faster inheritance than a regular Will or holographic Will. Three years is a long time to still have outstanding accounts that would benefit the nieces and nephew financially
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
At this point and due to the complexity of the issue i would suggest that you contact again the attorney that first assisted you. They will have records and contacts. They can best determine whether your named in a trust. The estate should have been probated and settled by now. I believe you need legal intervention on this and that is why I suggest you contact your previous attorney to further look into matters. The executor or trustee may not be handling the estate or trust (if any) as required. You can challange this in court as well. But contact the attorney that assisted you as they have the contact info.