How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Paralegal
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in the state of louisiana, can someones parole ...

Customer Question

in the state of louisiana, can someone''s parole be revoked if they plead guilty to a disturbing the peace violation?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Dear XXXXXjamin

Any time a parolee is simply CHARGED with a new crime - regardless of the outcome there can be a revocation. The Parole Board makes a determination it is based on a preponderance of the evidence and not the court standard of beyond a reasonable doubt.

So a parolee can be revoked on an arrest.


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Related Legal Questions