Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

Do leash laws apply in rual areas what are my rights

We are in Kearney , Missouri. Our neighborhood is not considered in city limits. What are the leash laws and do they apply?

DearCustomer- A leash law applies any place it has been enacted, rural or urban. If you are asking whether the Kearney city laws apply outside the city limits my answer would be no. That does not mean that the jurisdiction in which you live does not have a leash law in effect.

I checked the Missouri state statutes and could not find any state law on the subject so if there is a leash law where you reside it would be local in nature. You would have to check with your local law enforcement and have them cite which law, if any, is in effect where you live. That would then give you the parameters of what your rights and responsibilities may be.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law