Alice Wright
Alice Wright, Research Expert
Experience:  11 Years Research Experience
2682712

Can a retirement community take your property from you

Customer Question

If a peace of land was (supposivly willed to children and grandchildren of owner) can the retirement community take that property.

2. Question if 3 people have to sign off on a Special Warranty Deed and one refuses does/can that stop the property from being sold.

One of my family members is trying to sell a peace of property out from under the other? please advise.
Expert:  Alice Wright replied 8 years ago.
Customer

You need to retain an conservatorship, probate, estate attorney to represent you in protecting your rights against this evil aunt. If you have evidence of a will or trust bring the documents to the attorney to review.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: If a peace of land was (supposivly willed to children and grandchildren of owner) can the retirement community take that property.

This first question was not answered? I need to know if a retirement home can take/sell the property a person owns that is in a retirement home?

Joseph:

If your grandmother needs to pay the bill for her case, then the answer is yes. Your aunt is trying to sell the property to pay for retirement home costs.

Wish I had an answer that you would like, but the truth is the truth!