Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

I received a solicitation in the mail from a mortgage ...

Customer Question

I received a solicitation in the mail from a mortgage consultant in regards XXXXX XXXXX an arm that I currently have. The company sent me copies of a rider that I signed with my current mortgage company 5 years ago. Do either mortgage companies have the right to distribute my personal information?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- It is very likely that this information is filed along with your mortgage in public records. All mortgages are recorded as part of the chain of title so the rider, being part of the mortgage is probably on file in your county records. This would not be any type of invasion of privacy.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law