J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials
6118667

I quit my job in January 2008. I have a offer letter from 3 ...

Customer Question

I quit my job in January 2008. I have a offer letter from 3 years ago, via e-mail that states that I would get paid salary and commission. I am presently working for a competitor. I have not received my commission check for 2008 yet. I should have had it deposited today. I did receive 2 weeks of pay that they deposited today. I earned that commission and would like to know how I can get it if they refuse to give it to me? I called their Home Office today and did not get a reply. My manager told me over the phone I would get the commission check and 2 weeks pay.
Expert:  J D Haas replied 6 years ago.
If you had a contract that said that you would be paid all earned commissions, then if they do not do that you can sue them for breach of contract. The more documents you have that support those terms the more support you have with that claim. If you have witnesses who can testify as to that term, that is acceptable proof as well. Hopefully it will not come to that, but if they do not pay you the amounts you are owed under the contract, you can sue them in small claims or district court. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please
ask more questions if I have not answered all of your questions.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information.
You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship, and I am not
responsible for your legal rights. The only way for us to be in an
attorney/client relationship is if you have signed a written retainer agreement
with my law firm.
J D Haas, Lawyer (JD)
Experience: 21 years as a serious injury/wrongful death trial lawyer; nationally board certified; 43 jury trials
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to know what kind of attorney to get
Expert:  J D Haas replied 6 years ago.
You need to contact either an employment lawyer or a contract lawyer. Thanks.