How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have (2) grandchildren living with their father who ...

Resolved Question:

we have (2) grandchildren living with their father who dosn''t want us to visit with them, the divorse of the parents was iniatiated in Monterey ca. , we believe they are living in nevada with their father, of which was arrested for a sex offence and was found guilty, he also was arrested for road rage in stockton ca. we     haven''t been able to see them in over two years and are very concerned for their well being , what is our first thing to do to get visition rights? Donald L. [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer- You made no mention of where your daughter is and whether or not she has visitation rights. If she has visitation then you certainly should be able to see the children during that time. If she is not in the picture then you would have to first be able to locate the children.

Once you locate them then you would have to make a motion with the court that issued the divorce, I assume in Monterey, and file a motion for visitation. The problem in all of this is that they are out of your jurisdiction and even if you can get a court order it may be difficult to enforce.

If you are concerned for their safety I would try to get a police department or children's services involved. Once again, you need to find them before you can do anything of substance.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you