Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection
997364

I am a female living in north carolina and i was involved ...

I am a female living in north carolina and i was involved with a married man. Since then my husband and i have resolved the situation but the other man and his wife are unable to do that because the wife resorted to domestic violence. The wife called me when it came out which i felt was normal but since then she has continued to call my house several times. She has encouraged their son to call and yesterday his mother called about the situation. we all live in the same town and during a altercation with her husband she told him to tell me to be sure and watch my back. During the altercation he obtained bruises. I''m not sure just how stable this individual is and i''m tired of the constant calls . Should i file a harassment complaint? I''m in the process of looking into having their calls blocked from my phone. I know that i am at fault for some of her problems and take for responsibility. But there has to be a way to stop all the constant calls from everyone. What do you thinkg.
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

Her behavior would warrant a harassment charge and you have the right on press harassment charges as well as request a no contact order. Basically what this is, the courts will order her to not contact you in any way shape or form. This included phone, face to face, text, or email.

At this point, since she has been violent in the past and has made threats of violence you are within your rights to request this.

I wish you the best,

Walter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is just one thing with filing the harassment complaint. If i do so i will have to explain the why. That would be that she is calling me harassing me because i had an afair with her husband. I know about the alienation of affection laws and criminal conversation laws in north carolina. Will i be incriminating myself by taking out this order. She has saw an attorney and has no evidence of the afair except verbal confirmation. How do i go about this without incriminating myself.
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

You do not need to tell them if you had the affair or not. You can simply tell them she is accusing you of having the affair and that is the reason for the harassment. The matter of did it happen or not has nothing to do with her harassing you and thus you are not required to admit guilt to the act.

I wish you the best,

Walter

Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience: Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All of this has taken place in the last 3 mths and it has been approx 2 weeks since she has called. like i said before the man's mother called yesterday. But i feel sure she had something to do with that also. Is there a time frame in filing such a order. also since she has been violent with the husband and made a statement as to my watching my back would i be able to file a restraining order. There has been no verbal threat from her other than that message she sent through the husband but i am afraid of seeing her face to face after her actions with the husband
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

No it is unlikely you would be granted a restraining order based on what her husband said. Since her mother is now calling on her behalf this would still be considered as harassment regardless of when the last call was made.

Walter