Walter
Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience:  Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection

The girl i am with has told people i have threated her and ...

The girl i am with has told people i have threated her and I have''nt done what she said i have done. Last week we got into an argument and walked away from the conflict and into the bathroom. She proceded to kick the door in and i was naked so i pushed her out of the room and tryed to close the door she got her leg caught in the door. and clamed i did it on perpose. now every time i disagree with her she threatens to put me in jail. and by the way she has friends in law that she told me would help put me away on top of it all she said her friend in law said that because of that she could kill me and get away with it. in self defence. Any advice.
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

Her and her friends are being a little dishonest in the killing part..........in order for her to get away with it she would have to prove without a doubt that her life was in danger and she had no other recourse then to kill you to prevent you from killing her.

Either way, her behavior is a little scary to say the least. The fact is you pushed her and she could file assault charges on you for this. As far as going to jail, that is unlikely due to the circumstances of the case. You would more then likely get a domestic violence charge and a restraining order. While there is a chance of jail time it is not likely with the time that has passed.

At this point I would let the girl go, I do not know what the disagreement is but maybe its time to just say OK and go your separate ways. Anyone that is making threats like this may eventually make good on them.

If she continues to harass you then you have the right to request harassment charges be pressed against her and ask for a no contact order.

I wish you the best,

Walter

Walter, Legal Consultant
Experience: Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She has also told her friends i have said I was going to gut her like a fish which is not true. What recorse do I have. Her friend is in the FBI and He said and this is second hand he would make sure I go to jail and sit there until there was a trial.
Expert:  Walter replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like a lot of he said she said. You can go to the police with the threats she is making and ask them for their assistance in getting the threats to stop.

At this point it is your choice, you can ignore her and hope for the best or go press harassment charges. In the end she can always come back and press assault charges and that is something you must understand.

Walter

Walter, Legal Consultant