Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

How can I get a juvenile no contact order dropped or shortened?

No Comment Added
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
You would need to petition the court to modify the court orders. According to the Iowa court website here, you would need to use the following form to accomplish this. I would confirm with the court clerk that this form is to date before you use it.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I am not able to download the form, is there any other way to get it? Also, what things would I need to do to prove my case?
Hello Customer. These are the only documents online. They created them in word format. If you don't have MS Word, then you would have to find a computer that has MSword to download or you can get them from the court clerk. The court website did not provide any other options to downloading and typically MS word is a common program. Typically your local library would have MS Word, so you might be able to download from there.

To prove your case. You need to go back to the original order and see why it was ordered. You would then have to argue why those conditions are no longer present to warrant the restraining order.

Actually, if you are the respondent to the restraining order you will have a harder time asking for the order to be dropped. Only the petitioner would have a stronger case to drop or change the orders. The petition online is geared for the "petitioner" to prepare not for the Defendant. So if you are the defendant, you will need to prepare your own motion (similar to the one online) and you must set forth why you are no longer a detriment to the plaintiff. If the plaintiff still has concerns for her safety, then in all likelihood you will not prevail in the order being reduced or dropped.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I understand that.. thanks. The problem is that the "parents" forced the plantiff which is a juvenile because of the two families differences.. The case really has nothing to do with my son being threatening or dangerous, but rather they disapprove of him so they used this as a tool.. that is the upsetting part.
Well that is very upsetting and immature on the parents. Likewise since as the respondents in the restraining order you bear the burden to show the judge that no conditions for concern ever existed and that the children should not be punished this way. It will unfortunately be up to the judge to decide, but this is how you can proceed. If there was cooperation from their part this would all be easier.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Its an unfortunate situation and has greatly changing my sons life such as school and his daily activities. Its unfortunate people are like this. Thank you.
It is unfortunately Customer. I wish I had a better solution to this, but I don't have any other alternatives to offer. Best to you and your son. I would still encourage the filing of the petition to at least get a hearing for the judge to decide.